The Customer-Support Team Lead position wears two hats. You're probably doing much of the same job as a support specialist, but with added leadership responsibilities. But keep in mind that while being very good at the support specialist role is likely how you got the job, it's not how you do the job. There are added responsibilities of leading and modeling a service culture, managing customer care, being the point of customer escalation, leading and developing a team of people, and coaching their performance and behaviors. This abridged course will better equip you for your dual role as a support specialist and as a leader.
In this class you’ll learn . . .
• best practices for the call-handling process and service management
• how to deal with difficult customer-service situations
• how to enhance your personal and professional competencies
• how to manage customer expectations
• the importance of creating and managing a service culture
• what's required to lead a team
• the four temperament types, and how they impact communication and behavior
• how to coach performance and behaviors in a high-performance culture
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for team leads and supervisors of support teams, call centers, help desks and service desks who want to develop their knowledge and skills for delivering world-class customer support.
NOTE: This is the abridged version of the Customer-Support Team Lead class. Only those who possess a completion certificate from either the Tier-1 Support Specialist class or the Customer Support Agent class are eligible to enroll into this version of the class. If you have not yet completed either of these prerequisite classes, you must enroll into the full version of the class (see the catalog for more details). If you are unsure whether you have completed the prerequisites, please email the instructor at email@example.com.
Customer-Support Team Lead Course Outline:
Essential Support Skills (covered in T1SS and/or CSA classes)
Essential Leadership Skills
- Managing Customer Care
- Customer Care Toolbox
- Understanding Leadership
- Leadership Toolbox
- Understanding Communication and Behavior
- Creating and Developing Your Team
- Coaching Performance and Behaviors
The following certificates are required in order to enroll in this course:
|Abridged Team-Lead Qualified|
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|CSTL Completion Certificate|