Tier-1 Support Specialist (Trial)
NOTE: This is the trial version of this class. You will be given full access to the course for 10 days, after which the trial will expire. If you wish to continue the course at that time, please make arrangements for it with the instructor.
The ever-changing world of a high-tech customer-support environment places ever-increasing demands on support specialists and help desk analysts to meet the technical and business needs of the customer while providing unsurpassed customer care. Balancing these responsibilities can be challenging, but Tier-1 Support Specialist training will prepare you to meet this challenge.
You’ll learn . . .
• the steps for incident and problem management
• how creativity enhances problem solving
• best practices for the call-handling process and service management
• how to deal with difficult customer-service situations
• how to enhance your personal and professional competencies
• how to manage customer expectations
• the role of technology in the support environment
• core support processes and where you fit in
• common service-delivery methods and how to adjust your approach with each one
• the importance of working as an active team member
• how to work ethically, productively and with confidence
Who Should Attend?
This course is the pathway for attaining SPC Tier-1 Support Specialist (T1SS) Certification and is recommended for front-line support techs, support specialists and help desk analysts and professionals who want to develop their knowledge and skills for delivering world-class customer and technical support.
Trial Enrollment: to sign up for a trial enrollment click the Home icon or the logo at the top left, then click the green Sign-Up box and enter NYBK-JJDB as the access code. If you don't yet have an account, you will be prompted to create one first. Complete the profile information, and you're done!
T1SS Course Outline:
Essential Communication Skills
- Introduction to the Support Industry
- Understanding Customer Satisfaction
- Telephone Communication Skills
- Dealing With Difficult Customer-Service Situations
- Developing and Practicing Assertiveness in Customer Support
- Human Resource Issues in the Support Environment
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Team Building
- Measuring Success
Tools, Problem Solving, and Processes
- Staying Current in the Industry
- Tools and Technologies for the Support Center
- Overview of Network Administration
- Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Understanding Computer Telephony Integration
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- The Five-Step Problem-solving Process
- Process Integration